Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: GOD IS REAL!!!

Recently, I spoke to a good friend of mine who was facing a personal crisis and of course being the renewed Christian man that I am I suggested that he pray to God for help. My friend is also a God fearing Christian man and he let me know that he had already beseeched his heavenly father for guidance. Knowing that he had prayed I quickly asked why he still looked so worried. He replied that he was worried because his problem was real. My first thought was that God is real.

God is real. I said it. I believe it. Don't get me wrong, at times I have also been guilty of thinking that my personal storm was more real than God. I, like my friend, was wrong. I'm learning that although our circumstances are real, as Christians we have the power through faith and trust in God to alter what is real for us. It's not easy letting go of what we comprehend with our natural senses but it is the only way we can truly trust in God.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

If you believe in God, believe his word.

2 comments:

achoiceofweapons said...

Faith without works is dead!
Believing on the Lord is correct but balancing our part and keeping that separate from the LORD's is not easy. Dig?
Mista Jaycee

Serious Black said...

Faith is indeed dead without work, but worry is a form of fear and shows a lack of trust in God. No doubt it's not easy. I struggle daily as I'm sure many Christians do. It's a lot easier to point out when someone else is lacking faith or trust in the Lord than it is to recognize and correct the issue in myself. I was challenged today when I got a call from my loan company regarding my late payment.